UPDATE 2: Conrad captained the MLS All-Stars to a 3-2 victory, playing a full 90. As is all too often the case for defenders, his two most notable moments were negative ones: his header deflection on West Ham’s second goal and a caution for a reckless foul in the 82nd minute.
UPDATE: Listen to The Jimmy Conrad Show live from Toronto last night.
Wizards’ captain Jimmy Conrad is Kansas City’s lone representative in tonight’s MLS All-Star Game. This is the groin’s (or is he going by the ant now?) fifth consecutive All-Star appearance*, and if the previous four were any indication, he will be in the starting lineup against West Ham tonight in Toronto (to the displeasure of this Toronto Star columnist):
- 2007: full 90 against Celtic (top left).
- 2006: first half against Chelsea (top right).
- 2005: full 90 against Fulham.
- 2004: full 90 against the East.
- KC Star: All star player, all star daddy
- Globe and Mail: Toronto fans talking about his mom, scoring off a Beckham cross, and he’s a fan of the trademark TFC streamers.
- MLSnet: Steve Davis is looking forward to Jimmy v. Craig Bellamy
- MLSnet: Training together as a team for the first time
*Conrad was also selected to the MLS Select XI that played Real Madrid in 2005. He played the full 90 in that match as well.
Filed under: Uncategorized